Materials in: Japanese
Total hours / Hours per day:
16 / 8
Two-Day Workshop: Improve Your Approach to Management
- You have realized that there is not enough motivation from your employees.
- You are sure that there is untapped human potential.
- You are missing enough global leadership capability in your team.
- You want to be proactive about this current situation.
- You want to change management how it should be…
Management 3.0 is the future of management.
It follows the systems thinking movement that 95 percent of the performance of an organization is the result of the whole system, not the individual.
Management 3.0 examines how to analyze that system to come up with the right solutions for better leadership across organizations.
This two-day, hands-on workshop offers best practices, tools and games which you can take back and use immediately to improve your:
- Performance management
- Team collaboration and project management
- Competence development
- Worker empowerment
- Self-organization and delegation
- Developing purpose and value inside an organization
- Change management and organizational transformation
- Organizational hierarchy and network
- Employee engagement
- Extrinsic and intrinsic motivation
Past Attendee Feedback
We could learn from the experience of many organizations. The discussions were open and the comparison of culture (Europe vs US vs Japan) was great. Also the learning atmosphere was great. (COO)
“Very good explanations and very structured. Flipcharts helped to document the important results.” （Executive Assistant）
“My team will be using the Moving Motivators exercise, a problem wall and a happiness index. The biggest takeaway was to try many different things, tweak, and try more.” （Project Manager）
Is Management 3.0 right for you?
- Yes, if you have realized that highly motivated people are the most important asset.
- Yes, if you recognize the need of modern global leadership for Japanese companies.
- Yes, if you have understood that you need to optimize the whole team or organization.
Who usually attends this Workshop?
Management 3.0 is for anyone with leadership potential. This course aims at managers, leaders as well as team members who want to learn about how to contribute to become a great organisation. In other words everyone who wants to manage for happiness.
Professionals who often attend the training are:
- Upper-level and Middle Management
- Scrum Masters and Agile coaches
- Project Managers and Project Owners
- Team Leaders
- Human Resources
- Any leadership role
What will you achieve by completing this workshop?
Management 3.0 is very practical methodology. In this workshop, you will try out many different management tools, games, and exercises. And this public training will also involve a lot of open discussion and problem-solving among the participants which will lead to peer-learning.
You will study and experience:
- How to motivate your workers
- How to change the mindset of managers
- How to get teams to take ownership of work
- How you can improve teamwork and team collaboration
- How you can be agile (even when the organization is not)
- How to make the whole organization more agile
- How to build trust between management and teams
- How to develop individual competencies
- How to change the organization’s culture
- How to be a leader with a global mindset
Certification, License and PMI-PDU/-ACP
At the end of the workshop, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance. This qualifies you to become a Licensed Management 3.0 facilitator yourself. (You also have to pay a yearly fee, read more about the license fee and how to how to become a Management 3.0 licensed facilitator at the official Management 3.0 website)
Furthermore 16 PMI-PDU/-ACP credits are applicable.
All participants receive the book “Managing for Happiness” by Jurgen Appelo, one set of Moving Motivators and Delegation Poker to continue the experience after the workshop.
What should you bring to the workshop?
- An open mind
- Ready to have lots of fun learning
- While a lot of our attendees come with an Agile background, this is not necessary
Join the Management 3.0 Movement Now
To foster collaboration beyond the workshop you get access to the Management 3.0 community in Japan (e.g. Offline Gatherings, Facebook & Slack group)
(Workshop language will be mainly in Japanese but English language support is available)
Day 1 : 11/19
The event adhere to the following principles: theory and practice in small chunks; clear and effective visuals; inspiring stories and metaphors; fun games and exercises; focused group discussions; and concrete practices with tangible results.
1. Management and Leadership are one of the two building blocks of Management 3.0. You will learn about the different Management styles, 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0.
2. Complexity thinking is the other building block of Management 3.0. You will learn about what complexity theory is and about the eight guidelines to deal with complexity.
3. Energizing people is where you make sure team members are engaged, motivated and happy. You will learn about the difference between extrinsic vs. intrinsic motivation, the ten intrinsic desires and common techniques for understanding what is important for your team members
4. Team empowerment is the key to self-organisation. You will learn how to distribute authorization in an organisation with the seven levels of delegation and implementing them with the delegation board.
Day 2 : 11/26
1. Only through common Values and Culture can self-organisation work. You will learn how to give people a clear purpose, setting a goal and aligning the constraints by helping your team to discover their values and making them alive instead of just decorations on the wall.
2. Development of competences in the team is important in order to deal with todays fast changing world. You will learn about skill levels and techniques to improve and organize their competence development by using the Competence Development Matrix.
3. To scale an organisation in an agile way it is important to consider structures that enhance communication. You will learn how to grow an organisational structure as a fractal and to balance specialization versus generalization, when to choose between functional versus cross-functional teams and about treating teams as value units in a value network.
4. Improving by success and failure is important because team members, teams and organisations need to improve every day by failing fast and learning fast. You will learn how to celebrate failure and why conducting experiments is important and how to manage such experiments.
◆ After the workshop, we will hold a simple social gathering. Please join us.
◆ Retrospective: About 2-3 weeks after the workshop, we will share our experiences online.
Have you already heard about our Management 3.0 Community of Practice?
Become a Management 3.0 Supporter now and continue the conversation. Connect with other like-minded people who are in the middle of creating transformational change at their companies. Gain new impulses, ideas and strategies.