Do you want proof that you’re practicing modern management and leadership topics? Would you like to show off your experiments and stories of modern management and leadership practices?
Get a Certificate of Practice!
With a Certificate of Practice you can prove that you have actually applied Management 3.0 practices and shared your insights with others. Unlike the Certificate of Attendance, this more valuable certificate explains that you are a practitioner, and not merely a participant. And like the Certificate of Attendance, this colorful certificate looks great on every wall.
It is important to understand that the Management 3.0 community does not believe in simple knowledge tests when applied to complex topics such as management and leadership. Instead, we believe that people learn most when they run experiments and share their findings. Also, no practice works in all contexts. Therefore, as a community, we learn most by learning from each other what works and what doesn’t. This philosophy of discovering-new-knowledge-by-sharing (instead of taking a test of “fixed” knowledge) is the foundation of the Certificate of Practice.
Also read: “Certificates Are Evil” by Jurgen Appelo on Forbes
How to Get Your Certificate
- Read the books, take an in-person event or online management course, browse the Management 3.0 website, or do all of it! It doesn’t matter to us how, as long as you get to know the Management 3.0 practices.
- Pick seven practices from the following list of topics:
- Complexity Thinking
- Happiness Door
- Kudo Box and/or Kudo Cards
- Personal Maps
- Delegation Boards and/or Delegation Poker
- Work Expo
- Value Stories and/or Culture Books
- Visual Goal Setting
- Exploration Days and/or Internal Crowdfunding
- Feedback Wraps
- Improvement Dialogues and/or Improv Cards
- Meddlers Game
- Metrics Ecosystem and/or OKRs
- Work Profiles and/or Project Credits
- Salary Formula
- Merit Money
- Yay Questions and/or Celebration Grids
- Champfrogs Checklist
- Moving Motivators
- Change Agent Game
- Experiment with these practices together with your colleagues, your customers, your students, or your motor club members. Again, the specific context doesn’t matter to us. Surprise us!
- For each of the seven practices, share with the world what you learned. You can write blog posts, produce videos, make podcasts. It doesn’t matter. You can find some examples at the bottom of this page. (Sorry, you must share your findings in the English language.)
- (Optional) If you link to the Management 3.0 website from your materials, we can make a link back to you!
- When you’ve shared your learning experiences for seven practices, send a message to “certify at management30 dot com”. Give us an overview of where we can find your stuff, together with your full name and address.
- We will inform you about your payment for the certificate. After we received payment, you must wait a few days until we had time to review your submission.
- It is possible that we ask you to add some clarification or elaboration to ease the learning curve for others. When this is done, we send you the Certificate of Practice.
Obtaining a Certificate of Practice makes it possible for you to get a Management 3.0 license and run your own workshops with the official materials!
Our Fee for a Certificate of Practice
You will understand that there is some work involved for the Management 3.0 team in order to validate submissions and certificates. We charge a fair and modest fee which is based on our location-dependent price index:
- Category A countries: EUR 295
- Category B countries: EUR 245
- Category C countries: EUR 195
- Category D countries: EUR 145
- Category E countries: EUR 95
Examples of Learning Experiences
- Implementing Kudo Cards by Ralph van Roosmalen (blog post)
- How to Play Delegation Poker by Troy Daniel (video)
- Delegation Map by Paulo Caroli (blog post)
- Yet Another Sprint Retrospective with Moving Motivators by Stefan Wunder (blog post)
- Advanced Moving Motivators Sessions by Sebastian Radics (blog post)
- Your Certificate of Attendance
- Management 3.0 Online Courses
- Your Certificate of Knowledge
- Management 3.0 Content Licensing
- Our Location-Dependent Price Index