Meddlers, named after a popular German board game, is a great change management practice played at the Management 3.0 Foundation Workshops. The exercise allows players to visualize and discuss organizational structure in a way that matches the concept of value networks. It lets you work together as a team to determine your own roles as you’re managing change within your organization.
Meddlers is one of the many Management 3.0 activities that offers you tools and frameworks in order to arrive at your own solutions so that you can take them back to your office.
Organizational structure significantly impacts how an organization works and how people feel about the hierarchy and communication it encourages or hinders.
Meddlers teaches you how to
- Work with multiple products and product owners
- Be agile in a geographically distributed team
- Adapt organizational structures to agile management
- Grow an organization structure like a fractal
- Balance specialization and generalization
- Choose between functional teams and cross-functional teams
- Deal with dependencies among teams
- Treat teams as value units as a part of a value network
- Allow teams to self-organize
- Empower individuals to define their roles within a team or company