“This book is a great intro to becoming an agent of change! The topics covered provide clear, easy to understand concepts with creative visuals/acronyms that make them easier to remember. The framework for introducing and managing change just makes sense. Change Management 3.0 is approachable, simple, and engaging. I absolutely recommend this book to anyone who’s interested in change management, or wants to improve any complex social system.” (Review on Amazon)
The Littlest Guide for Change Managers
Management guru Jurgen Appelo drafted the 90-page booklet How to Change the World: Management 3.0 as a starter guide to what is change management and how to enact it within your organization. This small tome is chock full of hands-on exercises and tips for how to influence change across an organization.
What is change management?
Change management is the popular approach for transforming organizations by way of transitioning individuals, teams and even whole businesses in a specific future direction. Perhaps even a better term could even be transformational management.
How do I deal with my crappy organization?
Jurgen penned this guide to change management process because “How do I deal with my crappy organization?” is a question asked more and more across sectors, industries and job titles, worldwide. There is a movement to improve the work and purpose we do, which can be called Change Management 3.0.
“I like my work but I don’t like what our management is doing. How do I deal with it?” Well, you have three options:
- Ignore it. Changing organizations is hard work. If you don’t have the stamina to learn how to be a good change agent, then stop complaining about what’s bad. Accept that the organization for what it is, and enjoy the good parts of your work. (If this is the case, this book isn’t for you.)
- Quit your job. The only reason there are bad organizations is that people don’t quit their jobs. Do the world a favor and find a better place to work. Help bad organizations out of their misery by not working for them. (If this is the case, good luck on your new adventure! Oh, and this book isn’t for you either.)
- Learn about change management. Most people are terrible at influencing other people and changing organizations. But, if you’re serious about it, you can learn how to be a more effective change agent. (Really, this is the book for you.)
“To my friends who want to make changes – either behavioral, environmental or personal – and feel powerless. The book will introduce you to methods, models and tools to aid you in making a management change that has real impact.” – Guilherme Ferreira, embedded software developer at DataCom (Review on GoodReads)
Are you ready to either Take It, Leave It, or Change It?
Get How to Change the World Today!
You can also find it in the following languages:
- Dutch eBook
- Spanish Kindle version
- Spanish paperback version
- Russian eBook
- Russian ePub
- Italian eBook
- Portuguese Kindle version (website de Como mudar o mundo)
- Swedish eBook
- Polish eBook (free!)
- French eBook (site de Comment changer le monde)
- Japanese ePub and PDF
Includes The Change Management Game which you can play today!
What is Change Management 3.0?
Often times, the most difficult part of affecting change in an organization is influencing the behavior of other people. Many also often say, “I know what they should be doing, but they’re just not doing it!” We all want to know how to affect change in complex systems, the crux of change management.
Both Change Management 3.0 and this book follow this pattern which we call the Change Management Supermodel because it brings together the best of the best ingredients from various change management processes:
- Dance with the system, using the PDCA model (plan, do, check, act.)
- Mind the people, using the ADKAR model (awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, and reinforcement.)
- Stimulate the network, using the Adoption Curve model.
- Change the environment, using the Five I’s model.
About the Author, Jurgen Appelo
Leadership guru Jurgen Appelo calls himself a creative networker. Since 2008 Jurgen has penned a popular blog at www.noop.nl, covering the creative economy, agile management, and personal development. Besides this book, he is the author of Management 3.0 number-one agile management text and the proactive follow-up #Workout: Games, Tools & Exercises to Engage People, Improve Work, and Delight Customers, as well as founding the Management 3.0 workshops. Jurgen is CEO of the business network Happy Melly, and co-founder of the Agile Lean Europe network and the Stoos Network for better leaders. He is also a speaker who is regularly invited to talk at business seminars and conferences around the world. More about the author…