This Management 3.0 module offers the importance of giving actionable feedback as well as a way to overcome the often awkward nature of giving feedback in a constructive way.
What will you learn?
- Understand why it is important to give feedback, and five reasons why to understand the importance
- Why the feedback sandwich should not be used when giving feedback
- Understand the five ingredients of the Feedback Wrap and how to use the Feedback Wrap
- How can Kudo Cards and a Kudo Wall help you to implement a culture of giving feedback
- How to set up and use the 360 Degree Feedback Dinner practice.
- Understand the power of something just saying: Thank you!
Feedback is the breakfast of champions.Kenneth H. Blanchard, The One Minute Manager
What will we discuss in this module?
- How does the culture in an organization affect giving and receiving feedback?
- Why is it so hard sometimes to give feedback?
- How do you support co-workers in creating an organization where it is normal to give feedback?
5 Reasons why Feedback is important
It can keep the team going
Feedback should always be constructive. It is the fertilizer to develop the competencies of your team.
It gives a feeling of belonging and purpose
Both positive and negative feedback contribute to a sense of trust and purpose.
It increases growth and happiness
Do you remember the last time someone complimented you on your work or simply mentioned something about you that you hadn’t heard before?
It unlocks change and innovation
There would be no change or improvement if you did not provide (constructive!) feedback.
It prevents teams from being stuck and discouraged
Feedback is something everybody needs because we are all uniquely continuous learners.