THIS BOOK IS NOW OUT OF PRINT, WITH THE EXCITING RECENT RELEASE OF MANAGING FOR HAPPINESS
[ISBN: 9781119268680] WHICH INCLUDES NEW CHAPTERS, NEW EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT EXERCISES AND MORE!
Engage people, improve work, and delight clients: these are the tenets of this amazing book, which will show you how to transform the entire layer of management in your organization into a wellspring creativity, productivity, and engagement. Excellent!MARSHALL GOLDSMITH, a Thinkers 50, Top Ten Global Business Thinker and top-ranked executive coach
How can our organization be a little bit more like Pixar, Spotify, Netflix, Zappos, or Virgin? Is there something I can do to get a better company culture? Better team collaboration? Better change management?
#Workout and now its follow-up book Managing for Happiness both offer hands-on exercises, games, tools and best practices to introduce better leadership and better management, with fewer managers. It addresses many common questions, like:
- How can we measure team performance?
- How can we decide on salaries and bonuses?
- How can we define job titles and career paths?
- How can we replace performance appraisals?
- How can we motivate our workers?
- How can we change the organization’s culture?
In modern organizations, people are expected to be “servant leaders” and “systems thinkers”, but nobody explains exactly how to do this on a Monday morning. “Empowering workers” and “delighting customers” is crucial, but it’s not concrete. Managers, and everyone else, need to know “how” because most organizational problems are management problems. Management is too important to leave to the managers!
Today all managers are marketers. You need to sell your ideas, your plans, and your solutions. Management 3.0 sets you on a path to success in a world where we are each responsible for managing our own career and our own contribution to the world.PENELOPE TRUNK, author of Brazen Careerist: The New Rules for Success
About the Author, Jurgen Appelo
Leadership guru Jurgen Appelo calls himself a creative networker. Since 2008 Jurgen has penned a popular blog at www.noop.nl, covering the creative economy, agile management, and personal development. He is the author of the book Management 3.0, which describes the role of the manager in agile organizations. Then he wrote the booklet How to Change the World, which describes a supermodel for change management. His fourth book Managing for Happiness has just come out with John Wiley & Sons. Jurgen is CEO of the business network Happy Melly, and co-founder of the Agile Lean Europe network and the Stoos Network for better leaders. He is also a speaker who is regularly invited to talk at business seminars and conferences around the world. More about the author…
Many authors make claims, but Jurgen Appelo delivers on them. He offers a combination of crisp, articulate thoughts in an easy, engaging read. If you’re looking for actionable advice that will help you build a better, stronger and more productive relationship with those you lead, then I highly recommend you read Jurgen’s book.MIKE MYATT, author of Hacking Leadership, a Forbes leadership columnist, founder at N2Growth executive search
#Workout Table of Contents
- Kudo Box and Kudo Cards
- Personal Maps
- Delegation Boards and Delegation Poker (get your own Delegation poker cards!)
- Work Expo
- Value Stories and Culture Books
- Identity Symbols
- Exploration Days and Internal Crowdfunding
- Business Guilds and Corporate Huddles
- Feedback Wraps and Unlimited Vacations
- Improvement Dialogues and Copilot Programs
- Problem Time
- Metrics Ecosystem
- Work Profiles and Project Credits
- Salary Formula
- Merit Money
- Yay! Questions and Celebration Grids
- Champfrogs Checklist and Moving Motivators
- BONUS WORKOUT: The Happiness Door
#Workout is built on a foundation of actionable advice
Actionable advice is most appreciated by creative workers. They want to experiment with Delegation Boards, Moving Motivators, Value Stories, Merit Money, and much more:
- Serious games to help improve organizational culture
- Simple practices that increase employee engagement
- Creative stories that inspire teamwork and collaboration
- New ways to achieve team accountability and responsibility
- Easy workout exercises to make the business more agile
- Modern tools that enable people to enjoy a happy Monday
Keep the leadership revolution going and Register for a Management 3.0 Workshop today!