After Jurgen Appelo’s awesome response to his November 2014 release of the now sold-out #Workout: Games, Tools & Practices to Engage People, Improve Work, and Delight Clients with ★★★★★ on GoodReads and a 4.9 on Amazon after a 100 reviews, we are excited to announce the relaunch of this material with new chapters as Managing for Happiness!
ISBN: 9781119268680 [English]
Including a content refresh and the very popular new chapters of The Happiness Door and Moving Motivators! While #Workout was originally published through Happy Melly Express, we’re excited to announce that this relaunched version came out with John Wiley & Sons.
“Is there something I can do to get a better company culture? More productivity from workers? More innovation from management? And more happiness for everyone?”
Managing for Happiness offers concrete games, tools, and practices for all workers. It addresses many common questions, such as:
- How can we measure performance?
- How can we reward people in a better way?
- How can we replace performance appraisals?
- How can we motivate our teams?
- How can we change the organization’s culture?
In modern organizations, people are expected to be servant leaders and systems thinkers, but nobody explains exactly how to do this. Managing for Happiness offers you serious games, innovative tools, and simple practices. You can use them immediately to motivate any team, change the culture, boost productivity, and nurture innovation among everyone. Because management is too important to leave to the managers! Everyone deserves to work in a happier organization.
Managing for Happiness in the press!
- Read InfoQ interview Jurgen Appelo about this his newest book!
- Jurgen Appelo gave the Agile2016 keynote on Managing for Happiness!
- Podcast: Listen to Jurgen Appelo being interviewed by David Burkus
And don’t forget to meet up with Jurgen on his North American Book Tour this Summer, followed by a European one in the fall!!
Order Your Copy Today!
- Amazon US
- Amazon UK
- Amazon France
- Amazon Germany
- Amazon Brazil
- Barnes & Noble
- Book Depository
- John Wiley & Sons
- 800 CEO Read
Table of Contents
Preface: Better Management for Everyone
Chapter 1: Introduction: What Is Management 3.0?
Chapter 2: Kudo Box & Kudo Cards: Motivate People with Better Rewards
Chapter 3: Personal Maps: Improve Communication and Understanding
Chapter 4: Delegation Boards & Delegation Poker: Empower Workers with Clear Boundaries
Chapter 5: Value Stories & Culture Books: Define the Culture by Sharing Stories
Chapter 6: Exploration Days & Internal Crowdfunding: Make Time for Exploration & Self-Education
Chapter 7: Business Guilds & Corporate Huddles: Share Knowledge, Tools, & Practices
Chapter 8: Feedback Wraps & Unlimited Vacations: Learn How to Offer Constructive Feedback
Chapter 9: Metrics Ecosystem: Measure Performance the Right Way
Chapter 10: Merit Money: Pay People According to Their Merits
Chapter 11: Moving Motivators: Discover Real Engagement of Workers
Chapter 12: Happiness Door: Aim for a Happier Organization
Chapter 13: Yay! Questions & Celebration Grids: Learn from Successes & Failures
Conclusion: Never Stop Experimenting
Read the Reviews
- Scrum Alliance‘s Mike Beedle: “I find lots of synergy between Jurgen’s Management 3.0 and Managing for Happiness–with how you really lead Agile or Scrum implementations, regardless of the size, and how you really deal with people issues. Every manager and executive should take Management 3.0 and Managing for Happiness seriously–it’s the perfect management and leadership complement to the more technical descriptions of Agile or Scrum.”
- Be Human Project: “His book is a tour de force on all the current, relevant issues for work and motivation. I’m as impressed with the way Jurgen distributes information from the book to the reader through graphics, micro case studies and sharing real client feedback in a structure that provides many perspectives. Jurgen gets past the how you think it might work, to what really happens and how do people feel about it.”
- Small Biz Trends: “A fun and visually appealing guide for managers who realize that the ‘old way of managing’ isn’t working. Through the power of games and creative illustration, an expert on innovation and leadership creatively shows how leaders can embrace a new style, that of ‘Management 3.0’, a management style that balances delegation, control, and motivation in a radically new and empowering way.” ★★★★½
- Sticky Minds: “Jurgen Appelo’s useful and fun-to-read book Managing for Happiness: Games, Tools, and Practices to Motivate Any Team gives you concrete tools to identify ways to help your team be happier and to create environments where people can thrive and be more productive. Despite the word managing being in the title, the book is a beneficial read for anyone.”
Add your own review on GoodReads or Amazon!